Serena and Heidi ready to start head up Angel's Landing. I have such great friends who accompany me to such spectacular places. Or actually, I should say I'm glad I have such great friends who drag me along on their amazing adventures!
My target is in sight, but I have a bit to go until I get there. Kind of exciting!
Over the Virgin River.
To the right we go.
Looking back to see where we came from down below.
Carved rock to make a place for the trail.
Ready to start into Refrigerator Canyon.
Looking up Walter's Wiggles.
A giant moqui rock in with all his sandstone friends.
At Scout Lookout.
Tour guides leading the way.
Two California Condors.
See this one's number tag?
A view of some crazy wall climbers.
A close up of those thrill seekers.
At the top ridge of Angel's Landing.
Looking towards Zion Lodge.
Pretty cool tree with its roots.
Another view looking south.
We made it to the end top point!
Taking a break and enjoying the fantastic views all around us.
Looking across Scout Lookout and back up the backbone to see where we came down.
Going down Walter's Wiggles.
A look back up to where we've been.
You can see the trail cut through the side of the rock.
Heidi and Serena bought me a "rite of passage" Angel's Landing t-shirt in the lodge.
Then it was off to lunch at Oscars. We found the town of Springdale was having quite the St. Patrick's Day celebration, a few days delayed. We saw quite the interesting sights. We ended up parking the car and walking the rest of the way to Oscars because that was faster than waiting in the traffic.
Thanks Serena and Heidi for the amazing hike! Havasupai here we come!
2 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome day!! Sorry I missed out on all your fun! I bet we would still be walking if I had gone. Maybe next time... you did say it took almost 20 years to get there! heheh...
Such AWESOME photos of your hike! We were going to do AL on Friday, but we heard there was still ice and snow (and it was only 50 degrees)on the northern section, so we did a few other hikes instead. Next time! And....Havasupai ....sniff. I can't believe I can't come with you!!! grrr.....
Post a Comment